Center for Innovative Teaching & Learning - Blackboard Collaborate - Faculty
Set up and use your Audio and Video
The first time you enter a Collaborate Ultra session, Ultra will ask to test your audio and video connection.
To configure your audio settings, follow the steps below:
1. Select the desired audio input device from the drop-down menu.
2. Speak in to the microphone that is selected.
3. If audio bar is moving when you speak, select Yes-It's working to continue. Selecting No-I need help will take you to Blackboard Help for more information.
4. When you are ready to share your audio, select the Share Audio button (microphone shaped button) at the bottom of the screen.
5. Your audio is ON when the image of the microphone turns green, the slash through the image is removed, and the audio levels go up and down.
6. To mute or stop your audio, simply click the Share Audio/Mute Audio button (the microphone button).
After completing the audio settings, you will be prompted to complete the video settings.
To configure the video settings, follow the steps below:
1. Select the desired video input device from the drop-down list. At this point, your video is not being transmitted.
2. If your video is visible, select Yes-it's working, which will complete the setup process. If you would like to share your video, select the Share Video icon on your Interaction bar. Again, selecting No-I need help will automatically redirect you to Blackboard Help for more assistance.
3. Your video is being shared when the Share Video button (camera shaped button) has turned blue.
4. To mute or stop your video, simply click the Share Video/Mute Video button (camera shaped button).