Center for Innovative Teaching & Learning - Blackboard Collaborate - Faculty
Annotate on your screen
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra allows for the annotation on the whiteboard.
The Whiteboard tools, which appear in the upper left corner of the Content Area, include the following:
- Select: Use this arrow to select a Whiteboard object in order to move or resize it.
- Pointer: Use the pointer to draw attention to a specific area of the screen.
- Pencil: Use the Pencil to draw using a freehand style.
- Shapes: Use Shapes to add empty Rectangle, Ellipse, or Straight Line shapes. When using the rectangle or ellipse shapes, hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and drag your mouse to draw a square or circle.
- Text: Create text as an object directly on the Whiteboard.
- Clear: This will clear all annotations and text from the Whiteboard but will not clear uploaded files.
- Colors: The Colors button appears when the Pencil, Shapes, or Text tool is selected, allowing the user to choose a color.
1. To type within the whiteboard, select the Text tool. Choose the color of the font. Click within the whiteboard, and begin typing. Note: You cannot use the Enter key to create a new line. You will have to point and click the area beneath the previous text box to type below.
2. To move the textboxes, click the Select tool, click and drag the text you wish to move.
3. To draw, select the Pencil tool. Choose the pencil color. Begin drawing within the whiteboard.
4. To create a shape, select the Shapes tool. Choose the color of your shape. Begin drawing within the whiteboard.
5. To point to certain words, phrases, numbers, and so on, select the Pointer tool. Scroll the pointer over the area you are discussing.
6. To erase anything within the whiteboard, select the Clear tool. Note: When you select Clear, everything is erased.