Create & Deploy a Test
To create tests - whether a quiz or a high-stakes exam - you can either build directly within Blackboard or use Respondus.
To create a test in Blackboard:
- On your Course Site, under the Control Panel, click Course Tools, and then click Tests, Surveys, and Pools.
- Click Tests, and then click the Build Test button.
- On the Test Information page, fill in the name field. Optionally, provide a description and instructions.
- Click Submit.
The Test Canvas
The Test Canvas allows instructors to add and edit questions, add Question Sets or Random Blocks, reorder questions, and review the test before deploying it to users.
For further instructions, please review the below tutorial.
As one of our many services, CITL is happy to upload any quizzes and exams to your course site on your behalf using a tool called Respondus. Email email@example.com with your exam request and please include the following information:
- Course Name and Section Number
- Attach a Word Document of the test with the correct answers indicated.
- Test parameters (availability, time allowed, number of attempts, etc.).
If you are interested in using Respondus yourself, continue reading below.
Respondus is a powerful tool for creating and managing exams that can be published directly to Blackboard. Exams can be created offline using a familiar Windows environment.
To download Respondus:
- Log into Blackboard using your NetID & password.
- Select Software from the Blackboard top navigation menu.
- Find the Respondus tab.
- Click on the provided link to begin download.
Questions should align with course objectives and what has been taught in the course.
Matching questions - although an option when building a quiz or exam in Bb - are NOT ADA compliant.
If emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with an exam request, please send the request at least 3 days before the exam is made available to students.
Inform students of the test parameters so they are aware of expectations.