CHHS Student Ambassadors
Ambassadors are exemplary students chosen to represent the College of Health and Human Services at University and College sponsored events to assist with recruitment and retention. They serve as an essential point of contact for prospective students through email, phone calls and various outreach events.
When you become an ambassador, you help to shape the next year’s class of Hilltoppers. The role is an important and unique responsibility but can also be a way to meet new friends, make an impact on the lives of others and can add leadership experience to your resume.
- Act as a representative of CHHS at recruitment and career events
- Provide campus tours to prospective students, their parents and guests
- Answer questions about our college and programs at a number of WKU events, including: Topper Orientation Program (TOP), Head for the Hill, career fairs, CHHS college events and more.
- Student within the College of Health and Human Services (CHHS)
- Full-time enrollment as an undergraduate student
- Sophomore standing or higher (for the year you intend to serve as an ambassador)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 GPA or higher
- Reference from CHHS faculty member or current student ambassador
- Attend monthly meetings during the academic year (last Friday of each month).
- Willingness to gain/share knowledge of CHHS and WKU
- Participate in no fewer than 2 events per semester
- College of Health and Human Services apparel
- Network with students, faculty, and professionals from various CHHS disciplines
- Develop and apply leadership, communication, and decision-making skills
- Have fun while interacting with students that have similar interest and goals
- Provide service that engages you in the life of CHHS and WKU
- Excellent resume builder
If that’s not enough, we periodically recognize our top Ambassadors with prizes and other honors. Not to mention, many of our events include free food!
- Good communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Understands and relates well with multi-generational and multi-cultural individuals
- Adaptable and flexible, decision making and leadership capability
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about the Student Ambassadors program. We look forward to meeting you!
For more information email: email@example.com
How to Apply?
1. Make sure you meet the requirements for becoming an Ambassador.
2. Be sure to have a faculty or current ambassador reference.
3. Complete the Ambassador Application & submit before the application deadline (May 15, 2020).
CHHS Student Ambassadors are selected by a committee comprised of faculty and staff. Student applications and essays will be reviewed after the application deadline in May. Notifications will be sent to selected students in June; they will serve the next academic year.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 270.745.2188