A Few of Our 2018 Business Plan Finalists:
After becoming finalists in WKU's Business Plan Competition, a few of our students decided to take the next step and compete in upper level competitions that are offered around the United States.
Allie McCreery and Kyla Ball (SWATCHED)
Kyla and Allie teamed up together to create a unique product that is basically a woman's dream. SWATCHED is "a foil packet that contains 7 disposable, one-time use pockets of every product needed for a full face of makeup." It comes in 4 inclusive cream- based shade ranges SWATCHED includes: Foundation, Concealer, Bronzer, Blush, Highlighter, Mascara and a Disposable Mascara Wand. This product has great potential for becoming a sought after product.
- Swatched Received a Top 25 Finalist Invitation for the 2019 e-Fest competition
- They competed at KY Pitch Regionals in the Business Model Division, received 3rd Place and an invitation to compete at state
Olivia Goff (Olive & Honey)
Olivia had a heartfelt reason for starting her business "Olive & Honey". Her father passed away a few years ago and as she went through his closet, she found several pieces of vintage clothing that caught her eye. This ultimately created a spark in her mind for a business idea. "Olive & Honey started as a hobby of buying and re-selling vintage denim through Instagram in 2017." Since then it has grown considerably and expanded its horizons. Olive & Honey now offers multiple articles of vintage clothing- it doesn't just stop at denim.
- Olive and Honey was invited to be a part of the Draper Competition finals
- She competed at the KY Pitch Regionals in the Business Model Division, received 1st Place and an invitation to compete at state
Bailey Dahlquist and Chloe Hohlbein (RAW)
- Submitted to Efest
Julie Deneen (Blake's Buddies)
- Competed at KY Pitch Regionals in the Business Model Division
About EFest: https://eix.org/e-fest-guide/rules/
About The Draper Competition: https://www.smith.edu/academics/conway-center/entrepreneurship/draper-competition/about
Other Student Accomplishments:
Check out this great video where ENT 312 Student, Dominique Fluellen, interviews Mr. Cody Turner as part of his Entrepreneur Interview project! https://www.facebook.com/cody.turner.144181/videos/10105139072893932/