KHEAA Work Study Program
- Phone: 270-745-3095
What is the KHEAA Work-Study Program?
The KHEAA Work-Study Program (KWSP) is a joint venture of the Kentucky Higher Education
Assistance Authority (KHEAA), participating postsecondary institutions, employers,
and students. KWSP provides eligible Kentucky students employment opportunities in
career-related positions at work sites in Kentucky.
KWSP Info for Employers
Why would an employer want to participate in the KHEAA Work-Study Program?
- All Kentucky employers, who are eligible to participate in the program, may receive $2.00 per hour reimbursement, up to a maximum amount, on any eligible students with funds provided by KHEAA. The maximum amount varies with each individual, but it can be substantial
As an employer, what are the requirements to participate?
- KHEAA requires each employer to complete a standard three page Employer Agreement once per fiscal year
- Complete a Position Analysis form for each student twice per year
- Submit a monthly invoice for each student to receive reimbursement
- Use the Employment Cancellation Form when a KWSP student quits or is terminated
Benefits for employers:
- Receive a $2/hour wage reimbursement for eligible student wages up to 20 hours/week while school is in session and 40 hours/week during breaks
- Interview from a pool of qualified candidates who have an interest in the work performed by your organization
- Free access to TopJobs, WKU's student employment portal, where you may post job openings,
search resumes, download candidates' credentials and schedule on-campus interviews
KWSP Info for Students
Why would a student want to participate in the KHEAA Work-Study Program?
- KWSP was created for students who are Kentucky residents seeking a career-related work experience from Kentucky employers
- KWSP requires that employers pay students competitive wages and these wages may not be lower than the federal minimum wage
As a student, what am I required to do to participate?
- Come to The Center for Career and Professional Development in DSU A230 to register with our office and complete the KWSP Student Application.
- You will receive notification of your program eligibility within two weeks by mail
- Apply for major-related part-time jobs through TopJobs
Benefits for students:
- Gain career-related work experience
- Secure a part-time job and earn money to supplement educational expenses
- Learn from and network with experienced professionals
- Gain references for use in your job search and graduate school applications
Contact the Center for Career and Professional Development
- Call: 270-745-3095
- Email: EmployerRelations@wku.edu
- Visit: Downing Student Union, Room A230