Gordon Ford College of Business Staff
- Professor - Management
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: GH 212
- Phone Number: 270-745-8877
Dr. Spiller’s teaching areas span a wide array of leadership and management areas, most often extending to the areas of critical thinking, strategic decision making, and ethics. He also teaches in the MBA and PMBA programs.
Critical Thinking in Management
Organization and Management
Strategic Business Concepts and Applications
Ph.D., University of Alabama, 1999
B.S., University of Alabama, 1991
- Dr. Spiller’s teaching areas span a wide array of leadership and management areas, most often extending to the area of critical thinking, strategic management and ethics. He has won teaching awards at three universities, including WKU’s MBA teaching award and the Beta Gamma Sigma Professor of the Year, and was the GFCB’s first Hays Watkins Teaching Fellow.
Dr. Spiller’s research interests include decision-making, leadership, and ethics with numerous articles published in a wide range of academic journals including the Journal of Business Ethics, the Journal of Management Issues, and the Journal of Small Business Strategy.
He consults with many organizations in banking, healthcare, sporting goods, and home services. Additionally, he co-founded and managed a non-profit organization that has provided services to more than 1,000 children in the area and reached more than $150,000 in annual revenues with, at times, six employees.
Dr. Spiller has served on college strategic leadership committees at three AACSB accredited business schools, and led two successful GFCB accreditation efforts.
Areas of Expertise
- Decision Making
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Business Strategy
- Human Resource Management
- Non-Profit Entities
- Academy of Management
- Southern Management Association
- Southwest Management Association
- International Leadership Association
- International Conference on Advances in Management Board of Trustees
- Twitter: @ShaneSpiller