Gordon Ford College of Business Staff
- Director, WKU Center for Financial Success; Assistant Professor - Finance
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: GH 325
- Phone Number: 270-745-4733
Mr. Head teaches courses in Estate Planning, Tax Planning, Risk Management and Insurance Planning, and Financial Plan Development.
M.A. Western Kentucky University, Applied Economics, 2010
B.S. Western Kentucky University, Finance, 2003
Andrew J. A. Head, MAAE, CFP®, brings the better part of two decades worth of financial services experience to his position. Professor Head remains an actively practicing Financial Planner and is a Managing Partner of Journey Financial Management, LLC, a Registered Investment Advisor with clients in 9 states. His experience includes work in retail banking and trust in addition to an extensive background working in wirehouse brokerage and independent financial advisory firms, both in the US and abroad. Professor Head is the founding and current Director of the WKU Center for Financial Success overseeing seven student Financial Success Counselors. In this role he also makes dozens of presentations and engages in pro-bono one-on-one financial counseling with various faculty, staff and local community members. He is the most recent former Director of the WKU CFP® Board Registered Financial Planning Programs and is still active in program design and leadership on a daily basis. He is the founding and current Faculty Advisor for the WKU Financial Planning Association™ (FPA®) Student Chapter and is the former Membership Chair on the Board of Directors for the FPA of Kentuckiana. Recently, Professor Head was chosen to represent the CFP® Board as a judge for the Financial Planning Challenge competition at the 2015 and 2016 FPA BE National Conferences in Boston, MA and Baltimore, MD, respectively.
Special Certifications and/or Designations
- CFP® certification, Financial Planner Board of Standards. (9/08 - Present).
- Licensed Accident & Health Insurance Agent, Kentucky Department of Insurance. (5/05 - Present).
- Licensed Variable Life & Variable Annuities Agent, Kentucky Department of Insurance. (5/05 -Present).
- Investment Advisor Representative, FINRA/Kentucky Department of Financial Institutions. (3/04 - Present).
- Licensed Life Insurance Agent, Kentucky Department of Insurance. (5/03 - Present).