Art Department Scholarships for Current Students
Scholarships for Art Majors!
SPRING 2019 APPLICATION
Current WKU students can apply every Spring for scholarships for the following academic year.
- Financial Scholarships
- Scholarships to attend a workshop at (A) Arrowmont or at (B) the National Basketry Organization (NBO) Annual Conference
*Any current Art Department Major (Studio, Graphic Design, Art Ed, Art History) is eligible!*
Awards are up to $3,000 per student for the 2019-2020 school year.
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR WORKSHOPS
A) A scholarship to attend a workshop at the National Basketry Organization Conferencein BGKY! Pick ONE of the TWO listed below. Note this choice in your cover letter! http://nationalbasketry.org/10th-biennial-nbo-conference/
Conference dates: July 16 – 20, 2019
- Includes workshop and meals.
- Student responsible for materials and materials fees.
Bryant Holsenbeck https://www.bryantholsenbeck.com/installations.html
Gina Telcocci http://ginatelcocci.com/
B) A scholarship to attend a one-week workshop at Arrowmont for summer or fall 2019
FILL OUT AND SEND IN THE LINKED FORM with your application!!
includes the one-week workshop fee, application fee, meals & housing in dormitory style facilities (student may upgrade their housing for an additional charge), and a $300 stipend that may be used for travel or materials fee. If a two-week class is selected, the recipient is responsible for the additional workshop fee and meals/housing costs.
HOW DO I APPLY?
For ALL scholarships:
1) Fill out the WKU TOPDollar application: https://wku.academicworks.com/
Application must include:
- Screenshot showing TOPDollar application complete.
- A link to a publicly-accessible site (DO NOT SEND AS ATTACHMENT!) (Google drive, website, etc)
- SITE MUST INCLUDE THESE THINGS:
- 10 images of recent work [art history students please submit a writing sample in lieu of images]
- A statement about the work
- A cover letter addressing:
- Artistic / creative achievements
- Academic achievements
- A statement of need
- Anything else the scholarship committee should consider, such as ways you’ve been involved in the department or arts / design community; leadership or mentorship roles you’ve taken in and outside of class; and all the ways you are awesome!
** Seniors graduating in MAY 2019 are eligible only for the Arrowmont and NBO scholarships.
Fri, Mar 15 – Arrowmont and NBO scholarship applications are DUE [Decisions made after Fri, March 22]
Fri, March 22 – All other scholarship applications are DUE [Scholarship decisions made after Fri, April 19]