The Exploratory Program is an initiative of the Academic Advising & Retention Center (AARC) created to further enable students to be successful in their college experience. The Exploratory Program is for all students who are currently exploring their major options, those who have not chosen a major and those who wish to change their major. Students who utilize the Exploratory Program will find the tools and resources necessary to guide them toward a major and career path that is best suited for their abilities and aspirations.
- Explore You!
- Topics to Consider - Use these topics to give you guidance as you begin your process.
- MyPlan - MyPlan is a website that helps you narrow your career options so that you can begin to choose a major and is made available through The Center for Career and Professional Development. You can find out more about it and how to utilize it by going to the The Center for Career and Professional Development MyPlan Page.
- MyMajors is an online resource for exploring different majors. MyMajors offers a quiz to assist students in their exploration process.
- Jung Typology Test - After completing the questionnaire, you will obtain: Your type formula according to Carl Jung and Isabel Myers-Briggs typology along with the strengths of the preferences. The description of your personality type. The list of occupations and educational institutions where you can get relevant degree or training, most suitable for your personality type.
- Career Decision Difficulties Questionnaire - This questionnaire should assist you in making better career decisions.
- Five Factor Inventory - This online personality test is based on an International Personality Item Pool representation of the Five Factor Model of personality. The Five Factor Model (also known as the "Big 5") is based on the idea that five main dimensions are necessary and sufficient for broadly describing human personality.
- Explore what WKU has to offer!
- Check out the WKU Academics website.
- Get a list of all Undergraduate Academic Programs.
- Attend the Majors and Minors Fair to gain more knowledge about the Departments at WKU and the Major/Minor options they offer.
- Know Who Knows! When considering a major you probably have several questions. One of the most challenging things can be finding the right person who knows the answers to those questions. Know who Knows is a list of the majors at WKU and the person who knows the answers to your questions about that major.
- You may be asking What Can I do with this Major? While a particular major may sound enticing, it is not always clear what job opportunities may follow that major. This website is a useful tool to connecting career options and majors.
- The Center for Career and Professional Development is also a great place to utilize to explore your career options.
- The Exploratory News is full of great information for exploring your major options.
- Top 10 Undergraduate Majors at WKU, as listed in the WKU Factbook.
- Each college at WKU has a webpage that you can also use to further explore their specific majors.