- ADED Home
- Overview of ADED
- General Admission Requirements
- Graduate Advisement
- MAE Program Requirements
- Courses & Descriptions
- Program Highlights
- Program Coordinator
- Program Delivery Option
- Community College Faculty Preparation Certificate
- Graduate Certificate in Adult Education
- WKU Financial Aid Website
Online Master of Arts in Education in Adult Education
We Teach Adults How To Teach Adults
Our Graduates Work as:
|Community/Technical College Instructors||Cooperative Extension Agents||Adult Basic Education/Literacy Instructors|
|Human Resource and Organizational Trainers||Military Trainers||College Support Staff|
|English as a Second Language
|Developmental Studies Instructors||Community Education|
The Occupation Outlook Handbook indicates that growth in this area ranges from average to faster than average. The skills learned in this program are applicable across a variety of settings and will enable graduates to search for and find positions or strengthen the skills they have in their current positions.
Why the MAE in Adult Education?
The Online Master of Arts in Education in Adult Education prepares graduates to develop and deliver programs that serve the specific educational needs of adult learners. The 30 - 39 hour online master’s degree program includes coursework designed to introduce adult educators to the common knowledge found in the field of adult education, instructional methodology, and practices used to educate adults.
Coursework also includes adult learning, adult development, methods for teaching adults, instruction in program development and application of theory in practical educational settings. Each class utilizes multiple hands-on assignments, group projects, and the ability to apply what you are learning in real-world settings.
Be taught by outstanding, award-winning faculty who work to get to know you and your needs and tailor the coursework to you and your
goals. Put together a flexible program based on your career aspirations. Work with
your advisor to identify and choose electives that meet your professional goals.
NO GRE or GMAT REQUIRED!
- A recent survey (2017) of the graduates of the program found that 96.6% were Somewhat Satisfied or Extremely Satisfied with how well the program met their expectations.
- Approximately 82.1% of the respondents were Satisfied or Extremely Satisfied with how well the program led to employment or career advancement.
- Approximately 93.1% of respondents were Satisfied or Extremely Satisfied with how well the program prepared them for further education.
- The survey results showed that 96.6% of respondents found that the program was Moderately Relevant or Very Relevant to their current employment position.
"Since adults learn differently than children do, I was eager to focus on classes that dealt with the adult learner specifically. I would encourage anyone who will be working with adults to take these courses." - Dave Ruggless
"The program provided me with exactly what I needed in terms of time, accessibility, and relevance to my work. I especially liked how my advisor and I were able to design a program of study which matched my career goals. The coursework was interesting and challenging." - Patricia Meacham
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,