- Organizational Chart
- Academic Colleges
- Council of Academic Deans
- Academic Policies
- Administrative Openings
- Strategic Planning
- Quality Enhancement Plan
- SACSCOC 2015 Reaffirmation
- Campus Safety Report
- MOA Database
- Institutional Research
- Office of Research & Creative Activity
- Office of the Registrar
- International Programs
- Honors College
- The Graduate School
- University Libraries
- Student Publications
Student Ombuds Officer
This position, the responsibilities of which may be shared amongst multiple individuals, is appointed by the Provost and serves as an information source and point of communication for students who believe they may have a personal grievance regarding an alleged violation, misinterpretation or improper application of University policies and procedures, or alleged improper treatment.
Serving as a designated neutral, the Ombuds Officer is neither an advocate for any individual nor for the University; rather, the Ombuds Officer is available to offer an objective perspective on the issues/matters of concern.
The Ombuds Officer's role does not replace existing University policies for academic complaints or conflict/grievance resolution:
- The Ombuds Officer is not designated as, and shall not serve as, an official authorized to receive official notice of any kind on behalf of the University;
- Communication with the Ombuds Officer does not roll or extend applicable time periods or deadlines established by other university policies and procedures.
Students are free to utilize or not to utilize the Ombuds Officer in addressing any issues or concerns. The Ombuds Officer is independent from existing administrative structures and for the purpose of these duties shall have direct communication as needed with the Provost.
- Provides impartial and confidential consultation to students who have a concern related to a personal grievance regarding an alleged violation, misinterpretation or improper application of University policies and procedures, or alleged improper treatment.
- Explains University policies and procedures as they apply in particular academic situations.
- Works to resolve problems for which no clear procedure exists, and seeks alternative means to achieve equitable solutions.
- With inquirer's permission, may consult involved parties to clarify and analyze issues, focus discussions, and offer possible resolution alternatives.
- Refers inquirers to supervisors and/or appropriate University officials who are able to address the matters of concern.
- Maintains the highest levels of professionalism, confidentiality, integrity, and sound judgment, treating all individuals with dignity and respect.
For assistance please call (270) 745-6169.
Dr. Brian Meredith
Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management
Phone: (270) 745-6169
Dr. Sylvia Gaiko
Associate Vice President for Planning
and Program Development
Phone: (270) 745-6169
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,